Rongen David Lin, experienced in many fields such as capital market, asset/liability management, risk management, wealth management, property investment and management, computer science, internet business, software development and system integration, cultural innovation as well as education business, is the Chairman of this private equity venture capital. He is a serial entrepreneur, innovator and educator.
His current roles and positions :
- Capital Management Business
- Canaan Capital P.E. V.C. Fund, Chairman
- Cross Capital Group, Founder
- Newman Venture Capital, Chairman
- TXI Center, Founder
- Educational NPO/NGO Management
- Kang-Ning Education Group/Kang-Ning University/Kang-Ning Junior College of Medical Care and Management, Board Representative
- Qiang-Shu High School/Lu-Shin Senior High School, Board Representative
- EON Center (Israel), Founder/Chairman
His past experiences :
- Merrill Lynch (Hong Kong), Vice President
- SAP (Greater China Group), Chief Solution Architect
- IBM (Asia Pacific), Senior Consultant
- Citibank/Solomon Smith Barney, Independent Financial Engineering Advisor
- He provided many consulting and advisory services regarding portfolio investment management, asset/liability management, risk management as well as risk adjusted performance measurement to different financial institutions in Asia such as China Merchant Bank, Bank of China, China Construction Bank, China ICBC Bank, China Min-Sheng Bank, China CITIC Bank, Taiwan First Commercial Bank, Taiwan ESUN Bank, Taiwan Taipei Bank, Taiwan Shanghai Commercial Bank, Taiwan Joint Credit Information Center and Malaysia Bumiputra Commerce Bank.
- Started up several companies such as trading & risk management system company, ring-back tone advertisement company, cultural innovation company, …etc
He got a MBA degree in National Taiwan University and double bachelor degrees in Computer Science and Economics in Taiwan National Tsing-Hua University.
Jeremy Su is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM,USA) and a Project Management Professional (PMP,USA) and has extensive experience in real estate development, investment planning and project management.
Mr. Su’s past experience consists of the following: Architect for Peng-Hu Defense Command from 2000 to 2001; Chief Planner for Everwin Planning & Management Consultant, Ltd. in 2002; Retail Designer for Taiwan Semba Co. in 2003; Researcher for the Institute of Architecture & Urban Design, NTUT from 2004 to 2005; Project Consultant for REPRO International Inc. in association with Cushman & Wakefield par time in 2007; Chief of Staff for the Office of Minister in Public Construction Commission, Executive Yuan from 2006 to 2008; and Strategy Director in the Planning Division or Durban Group from 2008 to 2009. Mr. Su is currently as Associate Vice President of Investment Sales with Colliers International in Taiwan, where his main focus is in researching investment opportunities and making acceptable investment structures for both investors and landlords.
Mr. Su holds a B.S. in Architecture and a M.S. in Architecture & Urban Design from the National Cheng Kong University.
Stanley Yi-Jao Chen, specialized in the Construction Planning and Resource Management as well as the application of Building Information Model (BIM) for Construction Projects, is currently an Assistant Professor of the Department of Asset Management and Urban Planning of the University of Kang Ning, Taiwan.
He is very experienced in the Quantitative Methods for Project Management, Financial Management in Capital Facility, the Real Estate Project Management, and Decision/Risk Analysis. His recent studies has been published in academic journals and presented in international conferences of related fields. Furthermore, he received the National Science Council Grant for his outstanding performance on the application of BIM model in building management.
He received the Ph.D. degree from the National Cheng Kung University, major in Construction Engineering and Project Management, and the Master degree in Civil Engineering from the National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan.
Chung-Sheng Ko, CFA, has over 10 years of experience in proprietary trading for several financial institutions. He has a broad knowledge of a variety of financial instruments and has mastered the skills in analyzing and forecasting economic trends.
Prior to joining Canaan Capital, he worked for President Securities Corp. as the Assistant Vice President in the fixed income department. He also worked with Sunny Bank, and Cathay Futures (Seaward Futures previously). He has expanded capabilities in both equity and fixed income products such as government bond, convertibles, stock, futures and option trading. In addition to the work experience in the financial industry, he was formerly a quality-control engineer in Delta Electronics Company, a prestigious technology firm in the world.
He got an MBA degree and a bachelor degree in Business Administration from National Taiwan University.
David Wang is experienced in a number of strategies including business management/strategy, trend analysis of global economy and financial markets as well as technology development. He is good at combining all different areas to generate synergy. He provided professional services for several foundations/charities for many years and has acted as a CEO and an Executive Board Member of the following: China Ministries International (Taiwan); Information Consultant of Light & Salt foundation (Taiwan); and Liteon Foundation (Taiwan). Mr. Wang also has experience in managing properties for NPOs.
Harvey Lin Hui-Sheng is an expert in social survey and research, statistical analysis, population research and analysis as well as marketing survey research. Thus, he is able to provide useful past, current and future social background information for the needs of marketing, financial planning and development. Because many economic and financial related affairs as well as business plans are highly related to population size, population composition and their changes, his expertise in population phenomenon is very helpful.
He got a BA degree in Sociology at the National Taiwan University and a Ph.D degree in Sociology at the University of Michigan. He had served as a director of survey research section in the national government institute. In the past three decades, he had directed more than one hundred national social survey research projects. Through these social survey research results, he had made important contributions to the national police decision-making in the area of social development.
Since he retired from the Bureau of Health Promotion of the Department of Health, he had been an associate professor of the Department of Public Health and also a distinguished research fellow of the Center for Education and Research on Geriatrics and Gerontology of the Chung Shan Medical University for more than seven years. He is now still serving as a visiting research consultant at the Taichung Hospital of the Department of Health.
Jeff Chia Min-Su has over 20 years experiences in music, media, entertainment industry regarding rights management, media marketing, music production, concert/ performance operation in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong to promote original music creation and cultural innovation. He created the most influential music brand “China Fire” in China and produced many big performances such as Simple Life Festival.
His past working experiences also includes:
- Council Evaluation Member of Culture Foundation, Taipei Culture Department
- Council Director, China Music Video Management Association
- Program Producer/Internet Media Executives, Good TV
- CEO, Asia Muse Entertainment Co.
- Founder/Partner, Atom Culture
- COO, Rolling Rock Technology Company
- Vice President / Producing President, Magic Stone Records Co, Ltd.
- Vice President, Rock Records Co, Ltd.(China)
- Founder/Partner, Magic Stone Culture (China)
Edward Wen, CEO of Newman Venture Capital, with over 20 years international experience in Hi-Tech industries, Edward has special burden to connect the strength in Israel and Global Chinese society. Israel is famous in overall RD investment and innovation ecosystem. Overall Chinese market is well known in the market size, the manufacturing capability, well integrated supply chain system, and good quality engineering. It’s a very good combination to increase technology level and also expand the market.
Graduated from famous school U. of Michigan at Ann Arbor in master of ME. Edward is currently also the Secretary General in Taiwan Israel Chamber of Commerce. Over 20 years experience in Semiconductor, ICT, and Hi-Tech industries, Edward is a proven business manager. Very familiar with innovated technology, western culture, and Asia market. Honored in global sales champion, profit champion, outstanding employee, etc. in different companies he served.
- CEO, Newman Venture Capital
- Main speaker of 2014 Israel-Taiwan Economy Bi-lateral conference at Israel.
- Secretary General, Taiwan Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Deputy Secretary General, Taiwan Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Supervisor, Taiwan Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Taiwan GM and APAC Sales GM, Israel Galtronics Electronics
- Taiwan GM, Germany Vistec Semiconductor Systems (Leica)
- Sales Director, US Veeco Semiconductor Instruments
Chia-Lin, Jeff Wang, Bio-tech Adviser who is a famous world class Bio expert. Has been Chief Scientific Officers and President in many well known enterprises. In 2008-2014, he serves as President in DCB (Development Center for Bionology). DCB is a key bio research center in Taiwan. He lead 350-420 people in R&D, business development, and administration. Several major achievements include: To transform DCB into a new drug translational research institute working closely with academic institutes and industries; Top management recruiting (2 VPs, 3 Executive Directors, 1 Director); Tox facility and biologics CGMP facility spin-offs; DCB 5-year (2013-2017) strategic planning; 2-4 IND/clinical trial filing/yr; etc. Very well connection with Government, Academy, and Industry.
- 1978-1979, Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Harvard University
- 1977 Ph.D., Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1971 B.S., Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2014 August-Present: Senior Vice President, CHO Pharma, Inc.
- 2008 December-2014 July: President, Development Center for Biotechnology (DCB).
- 2007 September-2008 November: Chief Scientific Officer, Microbio Co., Ltd.
- 2007 May-July: Chief Scientific Officer, Wisdom Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (China)
- 2006-2007: Vice President and R&D Director General, Development Center for Biotechnology
- 2000-2005: Director, U.S. East Coast Office, Development Center for Biotechnology
- 1997-2000: Science Adviser (Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical), Department of Industrial Technology, Ministry of Economic Affairs (Taiwan)
- 1992-1996: Director, Natural Product & Medicinal Chemistry, Development Center for Biotechnology (Taiwan)
- 1991-1992: Principal Research Scientist, The DuPont Merck Pharmaceuticals Co.
- 1985-1990: Senior Research Chemist, DuPont Medical Products Department
- 1979-1985: Research Chemist, DuPont Central Research and Development Department
Patents & Publications:
Total 15 US Patents and 42 Publications
Evan Lin, Automation Tech Adviser who is a well know expert in ICT technology field. He was the VP and CTO for the world class industrial PC company, Advantech Co. Serving the company for about 20 years. Exceptional contribution to the company and also to the whole industry. Got EE graduate degree from the best school in Taiwan, NTU. Specialize in industrial PC, Robotics, automation, ICT applications, etc.
- Industrial Automation Group, Advantech Co., Ltd. — Jan. 1996 – Feb. 2013
- Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Jul. 2007 – Feb. 2013
- Took charge Enterprise-Academy Cooperation Projects on New Technologies.
- Transformed R&D Center in Beijing to Profit-driven Product Business Units.
- Led R&D Teams to Develop Innovative Products in Computing and Automation Fields.
- R&D Vice President, Jan. 2003 – Jun. 2007
- Led R&D Teams to Develop the state-of-art Computing and Automation Products in the Internet Age.
- Set up R&D Centers in Beijing and Xi-An.
- Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Jul. 2007 – Feb. 2013
- Anco Technologies Inc. — Aug. 1988 – Dec. 1995
- Manager, Software Automation Department
- Set up 1st Profitable Department in Company and High Market Share in CASE (Computer Aided Software Engineering) S/W Business in Taiwan.
- Manager, Software Automation Department
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Master of Electrical Engineering — Sept. 1984 – Jun. 1986
Andrew Wo, Medical Device Adviser who has current roles as below:
- Professor, Institute of Applied Mechanics, National Taiwan University (NTU)
- Associate Dean, Research and Development, NTU
- Director, Center for Industry-Academia Collaboration, NTU
- Director, NTU Innovation Incubation Center
- Director, Nano-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (NEMS) Research Center, NTU
- Deputy Secretary General, Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (IEET), a Washington Accord Signatory
- Deputy Chair, Washington Accord
- Bachelor (B.S.) in Engineering, University of Virginia, U.S.A., 1982
- Master (M.S.) in Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, U.S.A., 1986
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1990
Professional Activities (representative)
- Member – American Associate for Cancer Research
- Chair, Washington Accord review panel to Russia (Association for Engineering Education Russian), worked with Canada and Korea to review Russia’s engineering education system, 2009-2012
- Dean, Research and Development, National University of Kaohsiung, 2009-2011
- Discovery Channel, showcased our innovative microfluidics technology on our Sperm Chip, 2011
- Program Chair, Annual Conf. of International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), 2009
- Workgroup member, Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific (FEIAP), 2009
- Chair and evaluator, accreditation of engineering educational programs via Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (IEET), 2006-
- Life-time Member, Chinese Institute of Mechanics
Invited/Keynote Speech (representative)
- Keynote speech, European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education, 2nd Conference, “New Developments at the International Engineering Alliance and within Asia,” Leuven, Belgium, 9/2013.
- Keynote speech, Annual meeting, Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (USA), “Accreditation of Engineering Programs in Asia,” Florida, USA, 2006
- Invited speech, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, “Microfluidics Technology to Detect Rare Cells in Whole Blood and other Clinical Applications,” 2010
- Invited speech, Chinese University of Hong Kong, “Applications of Microfluidics for Detections of Circulating Tumor Cells,” 2010
- Teaching Excellence Award, National Taiwan University
- Innovative Award, Institute for Biotechnology and Medical Industry
- Best paper award, Biomedical Engineering Conference, Taipei, Taiwan
- Hiwin Masters’ Thesis Research Award, Hiwin Cooperation
- Research Excellence award, National Science Council, Taiwan
Xianyue Niu was formerly Deputy Director of the Taiwan Tourism Bureau and subsequently General Manager of the Grand Hotel (5-star), and served on the Government Examination Committee. He is currently Chief Executive of Humanitarian International Hospitality Group, Director of Nan Ren Lake Recreation Corporation, Director of Scene World Enterprise Co., part-time lecturer at Chinese Culture University and Ming Chuan University, and serves on a bidding judging panel for public construction. He has written several books, including books about tourism and hospitality management.
Angus Cheung Kam-Cheung is an outstanding expert in property development industry with Professional Qualification as below:
- Member of Hong Kong Institute of Architect ( HKIA)
- Registered Architect of Architect Registration Board Hong Kong
- Authorized Person ( Architect )
His working experiences which are related to architectural design, interior design and property development planning / management include followings:
- Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd
- Director and General Manager, Noah’s Ark Ltd
- Director, Ark Expo Management Ltd
- Director, Noah’s Ark Resort Ltd
- Director, Noah’s Ark Management Ltd (a 13200sm GFA resort and theme park)
- Project Director, BC&A International Ltd
- Interior design consultancy, Beijing & Shenzhen Shangri-la Hotel
- Interior design consultancy, Shanghai Kunshan Traders Hotel & KLCC Traders Hotel in Kular Lumpur
- Qingdao residential development in China – Pacific Andes
- Chinese University HK Student Hostel
- Senior Assistant Project Manager (In house Architect, Construction and Projet Management for Hotel/Serviced Apartment/Retails & Shops/Luxury Apartment), Cheung Kong ( Holdings ) Ltd.
Michael Lu is an experienced Senior Management Consultant, Project Manager, and Performance Improvement Advisor. He has experience in the health care industry driving large scale projects; managing, mentoring, and coaching staff and work teams; providing management consulting services for senior level executives and operational managers. Michael previously was employed by a large U.S. based integrated health care system (Kaiser Permanente) and assisted senior executives to define scope of work (objectives, deliverables, timelines, etc.), effectively negotiating with sponsors and clients to reach mutually acceptable agreements resulting in quality outcomes for the organization, and communicating client expectations and feedback to project teams. He is skilled in group facilitation and conflict resolution.
Michael holds a BA and MA in Research Psychology from California State University, Fullerton and is an experienced and published statistician using multivariate statistics and scientific research methodology to study medication adherence amongst HIV/AIDS patients at University of California, Los Angeles.